To send the maximum amount of information from your site to your marketing and analytics destinations, Elevar listens to events happening on your site. To do this, Elevar modifies some of the basic functionality of your Shopify store. Other Shopify apps, Like Rebuy & Slick Cart, often do the same or similar modifications. This can lead to conflicts, where multiple apps are modifying the same base functionality, unintentionally causing issues.
This problem often surfaces as unresponsive cart adds and removes, where, when a user tries to add a product to their cart, there are long delays, or the product can't be added. Similar problems can happen on the remove from cart event.
Although this problem should now be fixed with an upgrade to the latest version of the Elevar data layer (3.7.2 or higher). Here are some troubleshooting steps if you are unable to upgrade, or if the latest version of the data layer doesn't fix the issue (please email [email protected] if you find this to be the case.)
After performing each of the steps below, check to see if the issue persists. If fixed you can stop. There is no need to perform all steps.
- Upgrade to the latest version of the Elevar data layer in app by following this guide.
- If you are unable to upgrade to Elevar's latest version please email us at [email protected]
- Disable add to cart detection by following our guide here
- Note that you should ensure the "Product Add To Cart Form" IS selected when performing this step.
- If on Elevar's Fully Managed plan disable cart notes by following our guide here
- If on Elevar's Fully Managed plan disable both add to cart detection & cart notes (steps 2 & 3)
- In some cases, the "Product Add To Cart Form" may not work on your site, which may mean that add to cart events won't be detected after performing step 2. Ensure that once you've performed step 2, you still see add to cart events in your data layer.
Updated 1 day ago