This feature is still in beta as we add more filtering and channel translation.
The Attribution Feed shows you the First Touch and Last Touch attribution data from your most recent Shopify orders, so you can identify your top customer pathways.
- The First Touch UTM parameters are taken directly from Shopify's first touch server-side cookie. If an order placed has UTMs on the user's first session then you will see this in the report
- The Last Touch UTM parameters are taken directly from Elevar's data layer which always resets to the latest set of UTM params used on an inbound link to your website.
- The Last Touch Organic Referrer is taken directly from Elevar's data layer as well. It is the URL that the shopper was on prior to visiting your website if no UTM parameters are a part of the session.
- If the last marketing channel to touch an order was a Google Paid Search Ad, the Last Touch Organic Referrer will be blank.
- If the last marketing channel to touch an order was an organic google search click, the Last Touch Organic Referrer will be google.com.
This report is not meant to be a replacement for Google Analytics. Elevar does not include first touch organic referrals or include other attribution models like Data-Driven.
- Why are first touch UTM values empty? Answer: because no UTMs exist on the 1st session that Shopify stored for the user
- Why are last touch UTM values empty? Answer: because no UTMs exist in Elevar's data layer storage for the last touch prior to purchase.
- Why are last touch organic referrer values empty? Answer: because either 1) UTM values exist in Elevar's data layer storage for the last touch prior to purchase or 2) no referrer value exists in Elevar's data layer storage for the last touch prior to purchase.
- Why am I missing a large portion of Google Paid Search? Answer: If you are using autotagging in Google Ads then no UTMs exist. You will need to add the dimension gclid to the report which is traffic from Google Ads. The same exists for other click ids like fbclid, irclickid, etc.
- Why is there such a large % of orders missing any UTM values? Answer: this will not display first touch organic attribution or traffic that uses click ids instead of UTMs for attribution.
- View Top Conversion Pathways - The Attribution Feed combines orders based on First Touch and Last Touch UTM parameters, so you can see the most common ways your shoppers are finding & buying your product.
- Focus on Conversion Revenue - Sort by revenue to see your top conversion pathways by dollar amount instead of order quantity.
- Exportable Marketing Data - Export your attribution data to Excel or CSV, and complete your own attribution analysis.
Attribution Feed is available in for all Elevar accounts using:
- Elevar Fully Managed server-side tracking
- If you are using a version of our Data Layer prior to November 2021 you'll need to update by following this guide: How To Update To The Latest Fully Managed Server-Side Tracking Integration from November 2021
To see your Attribution Feed:
- Sign into Elevar
- Click Attribution Feed.
Updated about 1 month ago