This is an evolving integration as we monitor Facebook's iOS changes closely. When launching the sitewide FB Conversion API events you should see additional event data, however it can come with warnings that might be concerning to you or your team.
This article outlines exactly what is sent with our integration with the FB Conversion API.
If you have warnings from Facebook on missing city, state, country in non-purchase events then please upgrade the FB conversion API template to the latest version.
These CAPI events all run in parallel with the pixel events and are deduplicated with an event ID data layer variable that we have in place. See Facebook docs for all standard events.
- ViewContent (aka Product Detail View)
- Lead (aka email/sms signup)
- Subscription (this enables a Purchase event for subscription purchases - like ReCharge)
- Subscribe (this enables a Subscribe event for subscription purchases - like ReCharge. See Facebook documentation on this standard event)
- ViewItemCategory (aka Product List View)
The reason we don't enable all by default is to keep load down from your server side container.
We also send the following user parameter data when it's available, per Facebooks documentation
- Email: em - Hashed
- Phone: ph- Hashed
- Last Name: ln - Hashed
- First Name: fn- Hashed
- City: ct- Hashed (if not available from customer we use AppEngine data)
- State: st - Hashed (if not available from customer we use AppEngine data)
- Zip: zp - Hashed
- Country: country - Hashed (if not available from customer we use AppEngine data)
- External ID: external_id- Hashed (Shopify customer ID is currently used)
- Client IP address: client_ip_address
- Client user agent: client_user_agent
- Click ID: fbc- only available when user has followed a FB click ID
- Browser ID: fbp
In general for non-purchase events you should expect to see:
- User Agent
And then smaller %'s for the remainder of values.
Purchase events typically have a much higher match rate.
This is a pretty common event match quality expectation:
Updated 1 day ago