Bug fixes for adding to carts to prevent duplication and improved
dl_select_item performance. Enhancements to the data layer to improve Facebook user matching, additional content in the data layer, automatic cache clearing, new variables, and adjustments for customizations.
- Adds remove from cart handlers that are tied to elements to prevent duplicate remove from cart events from firing
- Adds faux url for anchors that have absolute paths. This will help improve some stores that were not always capturing the
dl_select_itemevent in the data layer.
- Pushes cart contents to data layer after cart changes
- This helps nonplus stores that are utilizing Facebook pixel in GTM to send initiate checkout events on a proceed to checkout click action and send all product data from the cart.
- Additional user parameter data has been added when user is logged in. This is to improve user matching event quality for Facebook CAPI.
- Automated CDN cache clear. This will resolve issues after upgrading your data layer but not immediately seeing the changes.
- Store campaign parameters on cart and order (see more details here)
- Additional setting for disabling the Order Notes storage in event configuration (see more details here)
- Handle Shopify not being defined in certain pages in checkout (plus only).
- Handles themes with highly customized opening body tags. If the opening body can't be found, the script will be inserted before the closing body tag.
- Add compare to price variable to add to cart and product view events.